I have heard how several people have stopped blogging once they joined Facebook and I said that I would not allow that to happen to me….the other day it dawned on me that I had been light in my blog posting but I had posted on Facebook after several friends tagged me with 25 Things. So to save *face*, I am posting my list here as well and I am not tagging anyone but if you would like to share your 25 Things, please ping or link back as I would love to read them. Enjoy!
1. I am thankful that Christ forgives and forgets.
2. I love my husband and love being his wife.
3. My son died in my arms after living for an hour and a half.
4. I used to act without thinking now I often think too much.
5. I love chocolate and peanut butter, they were made to go together.
6. I am a major homebody and try my best to avoid leaving my house.
7. I have not worked outside of the home for over 6 years now despite 2 degrees.
8. I don’t like debating people who use feelings instead of facts.
9. I used to be very self-absorbed and hurt a lot of people.
10. My kids have helped me to love the simple things in life.
11. I believe that if you woke up today then it is a good day.
12. I’m often told that I am not typical, who decides what typical is anyway?
13. My favorite movie is Like Water For Chocolate and I actually got my hubby to watch it even though it has subtitles.
14. I love to cook and if I could do something differently, I would have went to culinary school.
15. I try to live without regrets but I wouldn’t mind a few do-overs.
16. I appreciate those who take me as I am – cracked, flawed, loud and crazy.
17. My hubby balances me well and I am glad that I let God lead me to a spouse instead of me picking one because I am sure that I would be either miserable and married or divorced and desperate.
18. I teach my kids to try all foods otherwise you don’t know if you like it or not.
19. My in-laws all think I cook gourmet so they don’t let me bring stuff, I used to be upset now I don’t care.
20. I homeschool my kids and even though it is a lot of pressure, I don’t want to change it.
21. Last year I had a garden and I canned many things, it is great to know where your food came from but I also felt old in that none of my friends do that sort of thing.
22. I want my children to know that money truly does not grow on trees, nor does it flow freely from an ATM nor does American Express let you charge things because they like you.
23. I don’t like it when people don’t have any beliefs/convictions/stances, believe in something or you will fall for anything.
24. I still try to read 2 newspapers a day as my grandpa did, it helps with vocabulary and it helps me beat my hubby at Scrabble.
25. I think I am finally going to put to rest my dream of becoming a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader, there aren’t too many 29 year olds trying out. 🙂