I would love to share my recipe for Zucchini Bread. It is easy to make and stays well, freezes well and my kids love it.
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups grated zucchini
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, oil and lightly flour 2 bread loaf pans (I use the 2-in-1 spray)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour and cinnamon, and set aside.
2. Mix eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla with electric mixer (batter is forgiving so you can cream sugar/eggs first or you can just dump everthing in)
3. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, batter will be thick.
4. Add grated zucchini and mix until just blended.
5. Split mixture between pans and bake for about 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
It is delicious as breakfast, afternoon snack, small bite before bed…enjoy!!!
Another favorite is Summer Chicken & Ziti Salad. This is super easy and perfect for gatherings as it can be served room temperature.
Ingredients (adjust for your size gathering, this will feed 6-8).
2 whole skinless chicken breasts (approx. 1 1/2 lbs.)
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1 box of ziti pasta
2 large red bell peppers diced
2 1/2 cups diced celery
1 medium red onion diced
1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2/3 cup of quality olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. Grill chicken breasts in a grill pan, on the bar-b-que or in your George Foreman.
2. Remove chicken and place in a dish, sprinkle chicken with lemon juice and allow chicken to cool.
3. Boil water and cook ziti, drain but do not rinse the pasta!
4. In a large bowl, combine ziti, peppers, celery, onion and dill.
5. Remove chicken from lemon juice mixture and cut into bite-sized pieces, add to the pasta. Keep the lemon juice mixture.
6. Add to the lemon juice mixture, the vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard and salt and peper.
7. Add olive oil in a slow stream while whisking vigorously (a blender or food processor can be used but do not overmix)
8. Toss pasta with dressing, re-salt/pepper if necessary.
9. Serve room temperature.